A somewhat dramatic fall last night and the reaction from a stranger, a man standing nearby – no offer of assistance and instead laughter at my plight – made me very angry with him and just dumb-founded at the nonchalance and inconsideration some can have for others. I woke up this morning nursing a bruise and looking at a potentially expensive replacement for the broken lens of my DSLR and was about to exact revenge on the world by being grumpy and unbearable. After all, it appeared to be a somewhat gray and dreary Monday anyway.
While walking towards the office, I recalled the exchange of messages with my best gal pal yesterday as we realised that we celebrate knowing one another for 20 years this year. That’s about 2/3 of our lives! An immediate bounce returned to my feet as the day started to take a turn for the better. Then this thought came to me – “why be affected by the idiot?” Yes, I fell down and had the unfortunate chance of encountering a jerk but I should not let it affect my day and the week. So, I decided, today and for the rest of this week, I’ll choose to be happy . One reason for each day of the week…
1. MONDAY – I’m married to Mr. Bolly. He who makes me laugh and loves me for who I am (bad habits and all). I shall avoid further elaboration to spare everyone from mushy statements.
2. TUESDAY – My family is happy and in good health. They are far away from me but technology helps us to communicate on a daily basis, even on the most mundane of things. For that, I’m thankful.
3. WEDNESDAY – I live in my favourite city in the world, Paris. Bolly cringes when I say this with my eyes twinkling and a high-pitch voice…”Paris, ma belle!”
4. THURSDAY – I have good friends who tolerate who I am, including in particular the best gal pal of 20 years, Lena.
5. FRIDAY – I’m physically fit and able to engage in sports and my hobby, running marathons. 8 under the belt and many more to come.
6. SATURDAY – I get to travel often for work and pleasure. After visiting more than 50 countries, the wanderlust bug is still ever-present.
7. SUNDAY – Being able to indulge in good French cuisine and desserts frequently. Though this does make practising sports and running more of a necessity at times than a passion :P.
I hope that you will also find your reasons to be happy this week. Have a good one!
🙂 🙂 🙂